LMT Club’s 2013 Global Travel Trends Report offers a unique glimpse into the everyday traveler’s mind, including why people travel, booking preferences, selection criteria and more. Insight is derived from a survey of more than 2,600 participants and data from more than a quarter of a million annual travel transactions. Key Survey Findings Include:
- 99% of the respondents said they take at least one personal trip per year, while 52% said they take at least one business trip per year.
- 90% of respondents said they prefer to book trips online, compared to a travel agent, mobile app or mobile web browser.
- 75% of respondents said they have a hotel budget of $150 or less per night.
- 72% of respondents indicated they plan to travel for at least one holiday this year.
- Price (39%), promotions (18%) and location (18%) are the three decision factors that matter most when booking a hotel.
- Only 2% of respondents never book a hotel when traveling. More than half (53%) of respondents book a hotel more than 90% of the time.
Join the club here